Friday 18 March 2016

Sketch Of The Week #2 And A Bit Of Poetry AND 50th Post!

Hey Munchkins! So I'm doing my SOTW, as planned, but I realised that that was going to be super short, because I wouldn't do anything but post the picture and maybe waffle on like I do constantly a little bit. Sooooo, I decided to share some poetry of mine. You know those moments when you get, like, a world changing story idea or really good poetry? And you're right in the middle of a maths/science/English test? That's kinda what happened to me, except I finished early and I got to write 'em down! I'll only be posting one of the poems here, if you'd like to see the others than notify me in the comments.

Anyway, enough talking! Let's get to the point of this post: the sketch!
I am so, so happy with this sketch! Mainly because I didn't use any kinda tutorials, I just used a photo (thanks for the advice, Rosie!). And I love love love love LOVE the Cheshire Cat. Like honestly, I can never and will never be able to choose between him and the Mad Hatter. My heart splits perfectly in two so I can give one half to each. The pain..

To close things off, I'll finish with the aforementioned poetry.

What if
Smiles were fake 
Laughter forced
If life was
A thoughtless ghost.
What if
The sky was yellow
My skin bright green
The ocean was a raging canyon
All colours of the world.
What if
Reality wasn't so harsh
Life was a perfect utopia
High school not so exhausting.
What if
The statement used 
To fulfill 
The dreams 
Of many.

I hope you liked this little post! I also wanted to mention that this is officially my 50TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, this feels like a major milestone for me and I've been re reading all my old posts today. To think what this blog started out with, to where I am with it now - I couldn't be happier. A big shoutout to Acqua, who also just reached a milestone with her blog! Well done on 1000 pageviews, dear! And to anyone who has something worthy of a shoutout - whether it be 1000 or 100000000 pageviews, even acing a maths test at school - YOU GET A SHOUTOUT TOO! Have a great day/night everyone!
El xx   

13 comments:

  1. I love the cheshire cat too! Your sketch is beautiful. The poem is also amazing! I'm not at all good at poetry so maybe I should take some lessons from you :):)
    Congrats on your 50th post!!
    Autumn
    hopefulfaithfulandcreative.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I'd be willing to give you some :)
      El x

      Delete
  2. That sketch is so cute! And yay for you for your 50th post, I'm sure there are a lot more to come! Poetry is one thing I could never write, so I admire a lot those who can... I loved your poem! Such a great post!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I sure do hope so! Haha I don't even know why I write poetry half the time.. I just get ideas and scribble them down :)
      El x

      Delete
  3. I really like your sketch, am glad the tips came in useful! I find it's much easier to be creative when you aren't restricted to tutorials xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I am trying to move away from using tutorials, however as a newbie drawer I'm finding them really helpful :)

      Delete
  4. Loved this post - I love seeing your drawings, and the poem was a amazing too! The cheshire cat's one of my favourite book/film characters xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! Oh my goodness I can never choose between him, The Mad Hatter, Mushu and Peter Pan. I LOVE THEM ALL.
      El x

      Delete
  5. I LOVE THE POEM!! Please post more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poem, and of course the Alice in Wonderland sketch! I'm running a giveaway on my blog that you might like to enter :)

    Alice xo
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 50th post! WOOOO THAT'S AMAZING!! And also your Cheshire cat is soooo cute I LOVE IT. You're intensely good at drawing. :')

    (Also I don't know if this is okay for me to mention...so feel free to ignore of course. XD But it's very hard to see the writing on your post because of how opaque your background is? If you just made the white a tiny bit more white and less opaque, then it'd be much easier to read! I love the raindrop background. :D Anyway, sorry if that was weird to mention.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! Yeah it's an awesome milestone :) Love me some Cheshire cat!
      Don't worry, I'm actually glad you told me! I've fixed it up so it should be fine now.
      El x

      Delete