Sunday 7 February 2016

Lush Bath Bomb Review: Snowball

I think we all know that bloggers rave about Lush. Rosie, Hannah, Beth... I'm looking at you guys! Honestly, I cannot go on a blog anymore without a "Ohmigod, I love the Lush shower gel!" or an "You have to go try this bath bomb from Lush!". I considered it totally cool to be the only blogger ever who hasn't really heard of Lush. But as of yesterday, I am never looking back!

So here's the story: My family was in the city for Chinese new year (that reminds me, happy Chinese new year everyone!) and we were wandering down Swanston st. I remembered a while back that Hannah had told me that there was a Lush on that particular street, and since I was pretty bored, I decided to go check it out. The store itself was amazing; it smelt delicious and the set up design was so pretty and quirky. I loved the look of the honey bee bath bomb and the comforter shower gel, (and about everything else in the store) but I had just spent all my cash on an op shop spending spree. I was heartbroken! Unfortunately, my mum wasn't willing to buy me anything either. But she vaguely mentioned that my aunt had given her a box of Lush bath bombs last year, and they were still in the house somewhere.

Finally, after hours worth of searching, I found the box that she was talking about. There were three bath bombs in there - the snowball, which at some point I will get to reviewing, another one that smelt beautifully of jasmine and another that was very citrus y.  I decided to try the snowball, as I thought it had the best smell.

And I loved it! As soon as I started crumbling the bath bomb underneath the tap, the room filled with a delicious smell of cinnamon and some sort of dark, fruity smell; it smelt a bit like plum pudding to me. The water turned the most beautiful shade of mint, with little yellow flowers as well. I probably put too much in, but anyway. The bath was so moisturizing; it had kind of become syrupy like which was wonderful for my exhausted body. High school is a serious drain on my energy!

So thanks, guys, for raving about Lush! I am in love with the place, and cannot wait to go back there. See you soon!

El xx

19 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! The Lush shops all smell AMAZING xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I'd go back in there if only to inhale the smell! It was so good!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I loooooooove lush aswell, you should come to my house soon, my mum has a whole CUPBOARD full of lush products that we use and some of them we don't really like, so you can have some! But I HAVE to try the snowball, it sounds so amazing. I also have one recommendation which is the galaxy bath bomb, and it smells so good, and the bath tub ends up all purple and blue and glittery like a galaxy! I'm getting a really nice bar of soap from there for my birthday, and it smells so good, I'm so exited!

    Miriam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll take just about everything if you let me loose in there! :-) Which are the ones you don't like? And yes, you must! If you like Christmas pudding, well that just adds to it :-) Oh, lucky! I entered a giveaway for this bar of soap called Roses All The Way - Is that the one you got? And the galaxy bath bomb sounds awesome! See you soon!

      Delete
  3. My cousin is starting his job at lush this week. Hopefully he can get me some great discounts!! xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never tried anything from Lush, but I've just checked and I have one relatively near to where I live! I feel like I'm definitely gonna try it after seeing your review hahaha Let's see if I also love it!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU MUST! It's the most gorgeous store ever, absolutely adorable! And the products are amazing, if you need to de stress head straight for Lush. I've seen your blog before, you're the one with the really poetic posts if I'm correct? Will go check now..

      Delete
    2. Whoops, used my brother's account! Sorry!

      Delete
  5. Yay! You found Lush! I hope it exceeded you expectations!
    The snowball bath bomb sounds amazing!

    Xx

    h-r-j.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, it SMASHED my expectations! The best store I've ever been in, DEFINITELY going back!

      Delete
  6. I love your blog! And lush!:)xx

    Check out my recent post?
    I'm trying to blog everyday in half term :)
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/contouring-101.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And honestly, who doesn't love Lush?

      Haha, I tried to do that in the summer holidays! Will check now :-)

      Delete
  7. I love your blog it's so cute and you sound so fun! Also great post, definitely going to keep on reading your blog :))

    Check out my blog as well?
    http://onegirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    Stella xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My blog looks pretty awful at the mo, I really need to update it... And awwww, that's so sweet! I'm so happy you like it! :-)
      Sure, I'll go now!

      Delete
    2. Well I've been adding little bits and pieces to my blog since I started it and I'm still not 100% happy with it hahah but thanks for checking it out. I would also love if we supported each others blogs ;)

      Delete
  8. I love your blog it's so cute and you sound so fun! Also great post, definitely going to keep on reading your blog :))

    Check out my blog as well?
    http://onegirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    Stella xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog.. Please check with the product bath bomb molds
    best bath bombs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete