Monday 4 April 2016

The Hopeful Notes!

Hey everyone! Recently I've really been getting into random acts of kindness, because they spread so much love and hope and just downright happiness. A particular blog that promotes happiness and positivity is Marianne's blog - She is so lovely and I really do adore her blog. Whilst I have heard of Carrie Hope Fletcher before, I haven't really looked into her. But after reading one of Marianne's posts about the hopeful notes, I decided that this was something that I really wanted to get involved in, because it is just such a wonderful idea.

So, basically, the premise is that you write little notes for people on post its (or any kind of paper, no one will mind :) and leave them scattered around town for people to find them. It can be something as simple as 'You look beautiful when you smile' (one of my personal favourites) or you can go all out and decorate them to make them look beautiful. I plan to go to the library tomorrow, so I have a lovely little stack of hopeful notes that I plan to slip inside the books, dvd's and maybe even pin some up somewhere. It really does make people's day and it takes you almost no energy. Here is my pile so far - I plan to make up a few more a little later.
Sorry about the awful lighting!
As for what to write, I did a mixture. I used some of my all time favourite quotes (Nelson Mandela and Alice in Wonderland, hehe), wrote some of my own things, and then I went all out for one (I plan to try and hide it for my mum when we go out and see her reaction :) I also have two more, but they were written in silver pen and didn't come up at all... So I just stuck to these ones.

These have taken me no time to do, and I really cannot wait to put a smile on someone's face tomorrow! They are such a wonderful idea, kudos to Fletcher and her fans :)

What do you think of this idea? 

El xx

16 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! I'm sure anyone who gets these notes will feel much better than they were before! I think I should try this too :):)
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I do hope they will :) Please do, it is such a lovely thing!
      El xx

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely idea!

    Love Lou
    xxxxxxx
    www.louloves01.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Carrieeeeee! You know she's my favourite hahaha I absolutely adore her! I love this idea ^^ Once I went to Barcelona with some friends and we gave free hugs and I carried a label which had "SMILE" written on and it was amazing how it affected the people who were walking down with a frown. It was so good!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can certainly remember you RAVING about her on your blog! I really should check out her youtube channel sometime :) That sounds absolutely awesome! It's so nice to make someone's day :D
      El xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a gorgeous idea, I love it!! I once did a cute little thing where I put books in little plastic bags and deocrated them and left them in cafes and things.With little notes like Free To A Good Home!! :) Awww random acts of kindness rock! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is such a brilliant idea, I'm going to have to steal it off you! I love random acts of kindness, it makes me feel so happy :D

      Delete
  5. This is such a good idea! Me and Lou were just wondering, when are you going to post our collab?

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am ridiculously sorry, I completely forgot about it! I'm writing it at the moment, will post it VERY soon! I'm so sorry!

      Delete
  6. such a lovely idea!! I love Carrie!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ahaha it seems I'll have to check her out, everyone seems to love her!
      El x

      Delete
  7. Aww thank you so much for your kind words about my blog, that means the absolute world to me ! I'm so glad that I've shown you the hopeful notes, they're such an amazing way to spread a little happiness and you wouldn't believe the difference they make ! I love leaving them in librarys it's such a brilliant place for them , Carrie would be proud :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's okay! I really do love your blog, it is so gorgeous. And thank you, I am so grateful for it. It makes me smile as well and I love it. Ahaha I absolutely loving slipping stuff in between the library pages.
    El xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a nice idea! I might try do it myself! (if that's alright with you)

    Hugs,
    Miriam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Please do, you'll make someone so happy :D
      El xx

      Delete