Thursday 29 October 2015

Why I won't be blogging for the next month....

Hello, everyone. You might be looking at my title and wondering what I'm on about. I actually know a bit more about it than you do of course, but I'm still actually in the dark about it. This is because I have pressed a single button to do something that could change my life forever; and I'm still pretty nervous about it!

Because you see, I've signed up to do NaNoWriMo in the month of November. I am going to try and write a 50,000 word novel in a month, and through NaNoWriMo I hope to get it published. This means that I will not be blogging at all this month; I'll barely be on the internet apart from their website.

I am nervous, of course. I could completely fail at this or I could write a masterpiece (highly doubt the last one.) But it's been a dream of mine for a long time to become a published author. Even if my books never did sell well, I wanted to be able to say that at least one person has found happiness in my books. Writing has never been for me being the next J.K. Rowling, although that would be pretty cool. Writing is about putting all of my crazy thoughts to paper and seeing what I can make them.

I hope that one day you will achieve your dream as well; that you will discover a passion deep inside of you, my lovely readers. But for now, I must say adieu to my blog. I have a scheduled post that will pop up at some point, which I hope you will enjoy. But otherwise, I am going to discover a world in which I have wanted to enter for so long...

~El

2 comments: