Monday 4 January 2016

Free Style Poetry.

Hi, everyone! I am going to be doing a blog post today on free style poetry. As some of you may know, I love to write, and poetry is one of my favourites. I tend to do more of the traditional poetry, but I've recently fallen in love with free style. This is a bit of an in between post between now and the weekend, so yeah. I'm going to type up an example.

The Art Of Being Normal.

People
Tell me
That I'm not
Normal.
That I'm
Weird
Strange
Disgusting.
They say that
But
What they
Mean
Is that
I need to
Change.
But
Last time I
Checked
I looked
Just like them.
I don't have
Three eyes
Or
Flippers
For feet.
So
What
Do they want
Me
To change?
Because I'm
Not becoming
Someone else
Just
For my friends.
They can
Change themselves
To like
Who I am.
But
I'm not
Changing
For them.
I am me
And that
Makes me
Unique.

7 comments:

  1. OMG, this is amazing, El! You're so talented, keep up the good work and great post x

    Alice
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't believe you like it! I spent about five minutes on it, didn't even bother to edit it.. Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. This is just to ask if you'd like to see more poetry, or that I delete this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I think you have a talent!
    I won a poetry contest when I was 11 or 12 :)
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never seen it as a talent, really, just something I love to do.
      Wow! I entered a short story comp earlier in the year and came runners up, the winner was half my age.. Was so disappointed! But I plan to retry this year.

      Delete
  4. Wow, El! This is amazing - I love it! You're very talented. I love poetry too - I won a poetry competition when I was in year seven xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As I said above, I was a runners up for a short story comp, but I've never entered a poetry competition!

      Delete