Tuesday 29 September 2015

Author Interview-Cathy Cassidy

Hi! Today I'm going to share an interview that I got with Cathy Cassidy. She is a brilliant author whom I just adore. Her books are meaningful and heartfelt, and my no. one favourite is the first book I read by her, Driftwood. I believe that she tackles a lot of issues that other authors do, but the difference is that you can actually relate to her books. Each character is three dimensional and I adore every single one of them!
I hope you enjoy this interview!

1.Hi, Cathy! What began your interest in writing?
I've always loved to create characters and stories in my head… writing them down was the logical next step! This has been a compulsion and a passion ever since I can remember.

2. What is your favourite book?
That someone else has written? At the moment, I;d say a fab YA book called The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Loved it. 

3. What is a snack you have on hand as you write?
I chain-drink herb tea and when the going gets tough I reach for the chocolate... 

4. Who is your favourite character out of your books?
Mouse, who first appears in Dizzy and then gets his own book and his own happy ending in the book Lucky Star. He is awesome! 

5. If you weren't an author, what profession would you be working in?
I've been a teen magazine journalist, an illustrator, an art teacher, an agony aunt and a waitress in my time. I'd happily do any of them again, except possibly be a waitress… I wasn't very good at that. I dropped a lot of food on a lot of people!

6. If you could time travel, which period of time would you go back to?
So many eras I would love to visit! I'd start with the New Stone Age and see how life was then… then hop to the Dark Ages… then 1066… then Victorian times… Edwardian… the 1920s… the WW2 era… and the 50s. And I was born in the 60s anyway, so I'd better stop there! 

7. Thanks Cathy!
You're welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog. Please check it out for more details. xx www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Will check it out now.

      Delete